We're recruiting - Operations & Community Manager
We're recruiting for an Operations and Community Manager to join us at Tech She Can. Role description and details on how to apply are as follows:
- 5 days a week
- £30-35k pa (depending on experience)
- Contract type: 2 year fixed term contract (with 3 month probation)
- Location: flexible with a hybrid working pattern; the team is mostly remote-based, co-locating in London 1-3 days/month.
- The role is two-fold;
- Supporting COO in all operations for Tech She Can as a charity; including but not limited to finance support, logistics, and reporting.
- Being the focal point for our Champion community, devising and creative moments for them to come together and be part of a network.
- Internal key stakeholders: COO, Co-CEOs, Fundraising Lead, Marketing & Comms Lead, Head of Education.
- External key stakeholders: Members (Strategic Partners, Steering Group and Member organisations), Trustees, Champions.
- Reports to: COO
- Line Management responsibilities: n/a
- Start date: January 2024
About Tech She Can
Our mission at Tech She Can is for women to be equal in creating the technology that shapes our world by educating and inspiring girls and women to pursue technology careers. As a charity, we bring together the collective experience and expertise of our member organisations to tackle the talent shortage and lack of diversity in UK technology.
In October 2023, we celebrated our second birthday as an independent charity and published our second Impact Report.
It is an exciting time to be joining us, we are committed to strengthening our member relationships and are scaling our team in line with our strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operations and reporting:
- Supporting financial operations with forecasting, raising invoices, recording and paying invoices and expenses,
- Database management using our internal CRM system,
- Reporting on our impact data for Tech We Can (our educational material, for upcoming steering group meetings, trustee meetings and formal recording with the charity commission.)
- Supporting marketing lead on communications,
- Managing inbound enquiries from the techshecan.org website and redirecting and answering/actioning as appropriate,
- EA support to the team including room bookings and organising locations for meetings, note taking and supporting the COO in preparing and follow ups for trustee and steering group meetings.
- Champion Community building -
- Processing registrations and inbound enquiries from our website for early education material
- Maintaining relationships and communications with schools and parents/carers where appropriate.
- Building and maintaining a community for our Champions (member organisation’s employees who volunteer to deliver material to schools)
- Managing requests for Champions to attend schools including setting up training invites and answering queries throughout the process.
- Attending and manning stands for one-off events and supporting our events lead and marketing lead as and when required.
- You’ll need to operate with a positive mindset; can do attitude with a willingness to learn.
- You will be AAT, ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified with at least 2 years' post qualified working experience in finance.
- You’ll have a passion for our overall charity mission.
- You’ll have some operational experience and be highly organised. Experience of some kind of community building is desirable as well as working for a charity.
- You must be based in the UK and legally able to work in the UK.
Our Commitment to you
- Inclusive, supportive team with a positive and friendly culture.
- We champion equality and diversity and recognise the benefits this brings. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Flexible Working - our people can request to work their most effective working pattern and the times they work on any given day.
- Email us your CV with a supporting cover letter highlighting your skills that are relevant for this role, and why you’d like to support our mission to our COO email@example.com with the email title “Operations & Community Manager ”. Closing date for the role is 16 November 2023.