Tech She Can respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
- When you visit our website www.techshecan.org; we automatically collect technical data such as your ip address, or device type, and also you may give us your data such as your name, email address and other contact details. This data may be considered as your ‘personal data’ and as such our collection and processing of this data will be subject to data protection laws including the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018, and the UK’s General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). These laws also give you rights in relation to how we handle and use your personal data.
Who we are
- “Tech She Can” (and “we”, “us”, or “our”) refers to Tech She Can, a charitable incorporated organisation registered in England under registration no. 1195284 and with its registration address at c/o 1 Embankment Place, London, WC2N 6RH, and which runs and operates the website www.techshecan.org;
- Under the UK GDPR, Tech She Can is a ‘data controller’ which means that we decide, and have responsibility for, what personal data is collected, and how and why, it is collected and used by us, and also keeping it safe;
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Registration number ZB211561, although the law does not require us to have a Data Protection Officer.
Why and how we collect your information
- The lawful basis on which we use your personal data is that we have a "legitimate interest" to do so, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Those legitimate interests include:
- Providing you with information about our Services, and enabling you to use them;
- Learning form the way you use our Services
- Providing and improving our Service;
- Making sure our services are secure.
- Your personal data is directly collected through forms which you may complete on the Tech She Can website and through usage of this website.
- You provide us directly with your personal data in order to find out more about Tech She Can and how you can become a member, or work with us, or support us. We will only process your personal data in relation to the purpose for which you gave us your information.
The data we collect about you
- Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified, directly or indirectly. It does not include any data which cannot be used to identify someone, even indirectly (anonymous data).
- We currently collect and process the following personal data:
- Identity data: your first name, surname
- Contact data: your email address, company name and any professional affiliations you may have.
- Usage data: we may receive technical information about you and how you use our website, such as your IP address, or device ID or browser type, from other third parties we use - for example, analytics providers who act on our behalf such as Google.
Special category data
- We do not collect, or ask you for, any special categories of data from you – such as personal data concerning your race, political opinions, religion, health or sexual orientation.
The personal information we share
- We do not share any of your personal data with any third parties, except those who provide services to us, such as hosting our website. We only choose partners who have appropriate security measures in place to keep your data safe.
- We will share personal data with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP who are providing supporting platforms, storage and services to Tech She Can during our transition to an independent charity. See PwC’s privacy statement.
How we keep your data safe
- Personal data that you supply to us will be kept securely and treated in confidence in accordance with the principles of UK GDPR. When collecting and processing your data, our policy is always to be lawful, respectful and transparent about why and how we do this.
- Your information is securely stored in data processing facilities that are provided to us by third parties, such as Hubspot, who provide us with CRM services (Customer Relationship Management).
- We will retain your personal data for as long as it is needed for Tech She Can initiatives, and that you are happy with that.
- Under the UK GDPR, you have personal data rights as follows:
Right of Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, although there are some exceptions to this right;
Right of Erasure. You have the right to request that we erase any personal information we hold (where we do not have compelling reason to continue processing this data);
Right to Rectification . You have the right to ask for any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected, or any incomplete personal data we hold to be updated;
Right to Restrict Processing. In some circumstances you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing your data, such as when you don't consider the personal data that we hold about you to be accurate;
Right to Data Portability. This right applies in limited circumstances such as where our processing is based on your consent, or in relation to an automated contract for services. In these limited circumstances you can ask us to transfer your personal data to yourself or a third party service provider.
Right to Object: You have the right to object to us processing your personal data at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
Opting out: you can ask us to stop sending you marketing or other forms of promotional messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
- If you feel we haven’t handled your data properly, please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do everything we can to rectify the problem.
- If you want to report your concern, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/; Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Cheshire, SK9 5AF; 0303 123 1113.
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, would like us to update your information or request to exercise your legal rights, or to change your contact preferences, please contact us at: Tech She Can, c/o 1 Embankment Place London, WC2N 6RH or at email@example.com
- We try to respond to all requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. In any event, where the Data Protection Act 2018 or UK GDPR impose statutory timescales for responding, we will comply with them.
Changes to this privacy statement
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Tech She Can reserves the right to change or update this policy, when the circumstances require.
- We recognise that data protection is an ongoing responsibility so we keep this privacy statement under regular review. Any changes will be reflected on this page. If you continue to use our services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.