Find out how technology is being used to design and create toys and the types of careers available in this field - from toy designers to mechanical engineers!
What will students learn?
- The different types of technology used within toys including animatronics, coding and augmented reality.
- How technology is being used to create educational toys.
- How techy toys are being used to help others.
- Our role model, Nadia, explains how ImagiLabs create codable and wearable toys.
- Examples of careers students could pursue, designing and creating the techy toys of the future.
What you'll need for this lesson
If completing the optional challenge, students will need pens, pencils, paper or computer design software to create and label their designs.
- Twinkl worksheet - Design a VR game
Children's University code
Published: 22 Mar 2022
Discover more lessons
View all our on-demand lessons, exploring the role of technology across different topic areas