Explore the various ways in which technology can be used during a pandemic - from fighting and preventing viruses, to treating people when they're unwell, and helping us to communicate when we're unable to see people in person. Find out about the people designing and developing this technology and the jobs that they do.
What will students learn?
- The difference between a virus and a pandemic
- How technology is used to detect, monitor and control the spread of viruses
- Hear from our role models, Cleo and Maria, from Imperial College London and how they’ve helped to develop vaccines
- How technology is used to treat people who become unwell with a virus
- How technology is used to help people continue learning, communicating and working safely during a pandemic
- Examples of a variety of future careers students could follow in these areas
What you'll need for this lesson
Pens, pencils, paper or computer design software to complete the optional challenge.
- Twinkl worksheet - Design a robot companion
Children's University code
Published: 02 Mar 2021
Discover more lessons
View all our on-demand lessons, exploring the role of technology across different topic areas