Discover the different ways in which technology is used to produce the energy that we need to power all the things we use in our everyday lives, and the different careers available in this area.
What will students learn?
- How technology is used to create different types of energy, including renewable energy and nuclear energy
- How technology is used to power electric vehicles
- Role models Olivia, a Commercial Analyst from BP and Dan, a Senior Software Engineer from SSE, explain what their jobs involve working in the energy sector
- How technology is used in homes to save energy
- What ‘Net Zero’ means and the importance of working towards a more sustainable future
- Examples of a variety of future careers students could follow in these areas
What you'll need for this lesson
Pens, pencils, paper or computer design software to complete the optional challenge.
Discover more lessons
View all our on-demand lessons, exploring the role of technology across different topic areas