Discover how technology is used to bring celebrations and events to life - and explore some of the career opportunities in these areas, from lighting programmers to pyrotechnicians.
What will students learn?
- How technology is used in displays, carnivals and live performances
- Role model Jonathan Bramley, Managing Director of The Clear Idea, explains what his job involves
- How technology is used to design and create toys and to send gifts and greetings around the world
- Hear from our role model Jan Carlyle, Founder and Director of Autumn Live, an events company
- Examples of a variety of future careers students could follow in these areas
What you'll need for this lesson
Pens, pencils, paper or computer design software to complete the optional challenge.
- Twinkl worksheet - Design a reusable birthday card
Children's University code
Discover more lessons
View all our on-demand lessons, exploring the role of technology across different topic areas