Discover how technology is being used in different ways to help us manage our money - from contactless payments to blockchain and crypto currency - and the types of careers within this area.
What will students learn?
- A brief history of money and how technology has changed the way we buy and sell things
- How technology is being used to move towards a cashless society, to better manage money and to protect future finances (pensions and insurance)
- Our role model Lara, an actuary from PwC, explains what she does at work
- What blockchain technology is and how it’s used to transfer money
- How technology is used to make finance sustainable
What you'll need for this lesson
Pens, pencils, paper or computer design software to complete the optional challenge.
- Twinkl worksheet - My money habits
Children's University code
Published: 11 May 2021
Discover more lessons
View all our on-demand lessons, exploring the role of technology across different topic areas