Discover how technology is being used in different ways to help us manage our money - from contactless payments to blockchain and crypto currency - and the types of careers within this area.
What will students learn?
- A brief history of money and how technology has changed the way we buy and sell things
- How technology is being used to move towards a cashless society, to better manage money and to protect future finances (pensions and insurance)
- Our role model Lara, an actuary from PwC, explains what she does at work
- What blockchain technology is and how it’s used to transfer money
- How technology is used to make finance sustainable
What you'll need for this lesson
Pens, pencils, paper or computer design software to complete the optional challenge.
Discover more lessons
View all our on-demand lessons, exploring the role of technology across different topic areas