Join our team: Primary School Teacher in West Yorkshire (FTC)
We're recruiting for an exciting new position based in West Yorkshire for a part-time Primary School Teacher.
Job title: Primary school teacher contractor
Contract info: 1 year contract (with a possibility of extension to 3 years)
- Salary: £24k pro rata (£40,000 FTE)
- 3 days a week
- Location: West Yorkshire (Bradford, Leeds, Wakefield) inc York and Selby.
- Reports to: Head of Education
- Start date: 8 April 2024
About Tech She Can
Our mission at Tech She Can is to ensure all UK girls aspire to pursue, and can access pathways into tech careers As a charity, we bring together the collective experience and expertise of our member organisations to tackle the talent shortage and lack of diversity in UK technology.
In October 2023, we celebrated our second birthday as an independent charity and published our second Impact Report.
It is an exciting time to be joining us, we are committed to our vision for women to be equal in creating and developing the new technology, business, products and services that shape our world, ensuring that technology works for all.
We’re looking for an experienced ( at least five years) Primary School teacher to join our growing Education team to help deliver on a new project for Tech She Can which begins in April 2024. You will deliver the Tech We Can resources to KS2 children in primary schools across rural areas of West Yorkshire to inspire the students to consider future careers in technology. You’ll work closely with the wider Education team for training in this material and then be required to travel to schools in and around these areas to deliver Tech We Can sessions. Post delivery you’ll be collecting feedback from teachers and students and create impact reports to deliver to the sponsors of this project.
- Mission-aligned: you are passionate about inspiring children and young people to consider a future in STEAM and beyond.
- At least 5 years teaching experience at a primary school level.
- Confident and comfortable using technology to create and deliver learning solutions.
- Committed to ensuring learning solutions are creative, inclusive, inspiring and engaging.
- People oriented: you’re friendly, approachable, and a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator to both adults and children.
- Can-do mindset: we’re a small, fast-paced start-up on a big mission so you’ll need to hit the ground running and work with us on common goals and to short timescales.
- Based in West Yorkshire or within reasonable travelling distance.
- Have existing contacts and relationships with schools across West Yorkshire.
- Build and maintain relationships with target schools in order to arrange regular school visits.
- Deliver Tech She Can educational resources to students both virtually and in person.
- Represent the charity externally as an ambassador across high-profile networks.
- Continuously review and evaluate the effectiveness of the Tech She Can educational resources.
- Collect impact data from students and teachers and create a termly impact report for the project.
- Present termly impact report to sponsoring member organisations.
Email us your CV with a supporting cover letter highlighting your skills that are relevant for this role, and why you’d like to support our mission to our Head of Education email@example.com with the email title “Primary School teacher contract ”. Closing date for the role is 1 March 2024.