We're recruiting - Head of Fundraising
We're recruiting for a Head of Fundraising to join us at Tech She Can. Role description and details on how to apply are as follows:
- 1-3 days/week
- £35-40k pa (pro-rata’ed to 0.2-0.4FTE), depending on experience
- Contract type: 2-year fixed-term contract or 1-2 year Secondment (with 3-month probation)
- Responsible for developing, managing and stewarding a new philanthropic portfolio of Foundations and Trusts, major prospects and high-net worth individuals, large government and public sector grants, regular giving, digital fundraising platforms - ultimately growing our revenue streams and charitable income
- Flexible working pattern and hybrid/remote working
- Inclusive, supportive team, positive and friendly culture
- Start-up environment with scope to define role and remit
- We champion equality and diversity and recognise the benefits this brings. We are actively seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- It’s an exciting time to join us: in 2021 we achieved independent charity status; we’re scaling the team in line with our new strategy; and we’re committed to growing our relationships and philanthropic income with Foundations and Trusts, to complement our support from our industry members
- Internal: Executive team, Trustee Board, Steering Group
- External: Foundations and Trusts, charitable organisations - particularly those with an educational, skills and social mobility focus, UK government departments (including DfE, DCMS, DWP, BEIS)
- Reports to: co-CEO / COO
- Direct reports: N/A
- Mission-aligned: your passion for diversity in STEAMB and supporting women in technology is evident; you get it
- People oriented: you’re friendly, approachable, and a team player; you thrive when working across sectors
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communicator: whether it’s drafting grant applications and proposals, developing financial plans, or presenting to major prospects and senior leaders, you’re articulate, passionate and across the detail
- Good governance: you are mindful of, and have a firm understanding of, charity governance and best practice
- Can-do mindset: we’re a small, fast-paced start-up on a big mission so you’ll need to hit the ground running, and work with us on common goals and to short timescales.
- You must also be legally able to work in the UK.
- Connected: you’ll bring your own networks with in-depth understanding of the institutional funding landscape, leaders, trends, opportunities and challenges
- Compelling experience: you’ll have a stellar background in researching and stewarding individual prospects and relationships with Foundations and Trusts, and in securing philanthropic income - ideally in the charitable / skills / education sector(s); you’ll influence and inspire our new and existing supporters
- Define our philanthropic fundraising strategy for financial sustainability and design the portfolio in order to grow this new mode of income from zero
- Research, identify, coordinate and prepare proposals for philanthropic funding via large grants, Foundations and Trusts
- Devise, collate, monitor and report on fundraising OKRs and KPIs
- Ensure compliance with the charitable aims, conduct due diligence and inform good governance processes
- Lead on institutional donor grant agreement/contract negotiations and compliance
- Support collective insight and design new initiatives via CRM
- Represent the charity externally as an ambassador across high-profile networks
- Plan and coordinate stakeholder management and partnership approaches alongside the executive team
How to apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and supporting cover letter highlighting your skills that are relevant for this role and why you’d like to work for Tech She Can. Please title your email 'Head of Fundraising application'. Closing date for applications is 31 May 2022.